- 12.L.6 - Acquire and use accurately general academic and domain-specific words and phrases, sufficient for reading, writing, speaking, and listening at the career and college readiness level; demonstrate independence in gathering vocabulary knowledge when considering a word or phrase important to comprehension or expression.
- 12.SL.1 - Initiate and participate effectively in a range of collaborative discussions (one-on-one, in groups, and teacher-led) with diverse partners on grades 11-12 topics, texts, and issues, building on other ideas and expressing their own clearly and persuasively.
- 12.SL.4 - Present information, findings, and supporting evidence, conveying a clear and distinct perspective, such that listeners can follow the line of reasoning, alternative or opposing perspectives are addressed, and the organization, development, substance, and style are appropriate to purpose, audience, and a range of formal and informal tasks.
- 12.SL.5 - Make strategic use of digital media in presentations to advance understanding of findings, reasoning, and evidence to add interest.
During this unit, students will…
- Create a clay sculpture with an underwire armature that demonstrates balance, proportion, form, and texture.
- Discuss and compare known works of art that relate to the topic. They will give constrictive feedback to each other and reflect in video interviews.
- Research their animals online to see them in their natural habitats.
- Use the iPads to reference some of the resource imagery.
- Use language to describe complex visual relationships and personal choice and meaning